Labels

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 3


I spent the day at Nature’s Classroom.  I have all positive reports.  The kids are having a fabulous time.  I saw no signs of homesickness what so ever and they are all getting along.  All great news!  I asked many of them randomly to rate the trip 1-10….ten being the best and I got mostly 10s and some 15s.  The chaperones (Mrs. Zukas, Mr. Weston and Mr. Miller) are unbelievable.  They are caring for your children like their own!  I joined them for a hike, lunch and some classes.  You should be really proud of how well they are doing…..I am!  Mrs. Fritz
 The students had to use only one board and teamwork to get everyone off the "island".  They did it!
 Some girls amazed me with how they organized and structured their rooms.  These girls labeled draws.  Below are Mrs. Zukas' rules posted in each room.  Super organized just like the girls!
 This is a shower schedule the girls posted!
 Getting prepped for the Underground Railroad this evening.
 Playing hide and seek during a break.

                                              I think this game was called vegetable.
                               These groups are getting instructions on how to build a rope bridge.
                                              Just some cute randoms......


                              Some of the children opted to relax in between hikes.

                                            They found a white caterpillar
                                              Positive share by Emily
                                 Lunch time and boy were they hungry. 
                         I love the family style eating and sharing.  Very good manners I might add.






 Mrs. Zukas was confident enough in their skills that she tested the rope bridge.

                          Yes....they opted to write in their journal during down time!  :)
                                 They played a camouflage game in the woods
                       This was perhaps the best for many.  Catching salamanders. 
            These two were sooooooo excited about sharing their "finds".  "No you can't keep it!" :)

 This was my view from the nature walk.  Man they walk a lot.....I trailed from behind.  I told them it was to make sure no one fell behind but these old legs could barely keep up.  Let me tell you they are getting LOTS of exercise.

                 They played capture the flag with a north/south spin on the game.